Valentine’s Day Tutorial: Naked 3 – Video

Update: This tutorial uses products that are NOT cruelty-free and vegan because it was created before I made the switch. The products that are ARE cruelty-free and vegan are: Anastasia Brow Wiz, Nivea Men Post Shave Balm, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Becca Highlighter/Bronzer

I hope everyone is having a great week! Hang in there because we only have a few more weeks until spring break! 😀

Today I wanted to share this super wearable and very pink look I created for Valentine’s Day. I’m not super big on the holiday but it involves many of my favorite things including flowers, chocolates, hearts and the color pink!

I also wanted to share that I created a YouTube Channel! I was really nervous and apprehensive to post my first video but I figure that we all have to start somewhere and that I can only get better at filming and editing with practice. (Give your girl a break I was using an iPhone!)

I was also really surprised by how difficult it is to edit and film videos. I now have so much respect for Vloggers and YouTubers who post super high quality and perfectly edited videos every week because it is a TON of work!

Check out my FIRST video and tutorial: (and subscribe pretty please 😉 )

Create this look:

Primer – I used the Nivea Men post shave balm. If you think that is weird read this!

Foundation – I have been using the Too Faced Born This Way foundation and I love it! It gives a ton of coverage without looking cakey.

Concealer – Apply your favorite concealer to your under eye area as a highlight and to conceal any dark circles.

Set your foundation – Apply a translucent powder all over your face to set your foundation and concealer.

Brows – Never underestimate the power of great eyebrows! Fill them in with a pencil (I love the Anastasia Brow Wiz) and set with clear brow gel. Fill them in slightly darker towards the outside of your brows.

Prime your eyes – apply an eyeshadow primer to make sure your shadows STICK and last all day without creasing.

Limit (from Naked 3) – Put this shadow all over your lids as a base and blend it out.

Strange (from Naked 3) – Put this shadow on the inner corners of your eyelid and blend it towards your lower lash line and eyelid.

Nooner (from Naked 3) – Use this shadow to define your crease. Blend it in super well!

Darkside (from Naked 3) – Apply this color with a more precise brush to the outer corners of your lid and smoke it out.

Dust (from Naked 3) – Blend this color into the center of your lid to brighten your eyes and add contrast. (only put this in the center and not on your whole lid!)

Blackheart (from Naked 3) – Apply this to the outer corners of your lower lash line and blend it until its super smoky without any harsh lines.

Liner – Use gel or liquid liner to create a winged liner. Then use a creamy pencil liner to line your lower lashline, your waterline, and your tight line (the waterline on your top lid).

Lashes – Curl your lashes and put on your favorite mascara.

Contour – Use a contouring cream or powder to define your cheekbones, jawline, forehead, and/or nose. Do whatever works best for your face shape. 🙂

Blush – Lightly put blush on the apples of your cheeks. With this look, I suggest a more neutral purple or mauve color so that the shade doesn’t clash with the shadow. (Mine looks way too pink in this video)

Highlight – Use a shimmery highlighting powder on the areas that you want to stand out from your face. Usually I highlight my cheekbones, forehead, chin, cupid’s bow and add a slim line down the center of my nose.

Lips – Apply a pinky nude lipstick. I would suggest a matte color that is pretty neutral so it isn’t competing with the eyeshadow.

Finish off with a setting spray of your choice.

I hope you enjoyed this new blog format and found my video helpful! I am definitely welcoming any feedback or advice you have. 🙂

Please share if you found this helpful and as always, don’t forget to subscribe for more blog posts and videos!

16 Comments

• Reply Alix Maza February 8, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Nice tutorial!

• Reply Cristina February 8, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Love this look! I think the Naked palettes are so pretty, and I love how you used it to create the perfect pink eye look 🙂

X,
    cristinaoncampus.blogspot.com

• Reply courtney February 8, 2016 at 6:55 pm

The Naked 3 is probably my favourite palette for Valentine’s Day and even weddings. The mauvey pink shades are just perfection and can be worn in so many ways. Great tutorial! I love how easy it is to achieve!

• Reply Anna February 8, 2016 at 7:30 pm

I absolutely love the Naked palettes, and you did a great look based off of the Naked 3!

• Reply Sara Kate February 8, 2016 at 9:50 pm

So gorgeous!!! Priming your eyes is everything!! It really does make the biggest difference. Love the tutorial.

xo,
    Sara Kate Styling

• Reply Ashley February 8, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Hey! It is nerve racking to make videos. And yeah, it does take a lot of time to film, edit, and upload videos. I’m a fellow YouTuber, but struggle to get a video up every week. This year I’m trying to upload every two weeks, I seriously can’t do one a week and still have a social life after working my two jobs.

Anyhow, keep making videos! I loved your makeup tutorial!!

• Reply Kayleigh February 8, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Love how you used the neutral shades in this look!

• Reply Alexis Reliford February 9, 2016 at 12:28 am

Great tutorial! Perfect look for valentines day–very subtle but cute!

• Reply Jordyn February 9, 2016 at 11:24 am

I love the Naked Palettes, natural makeup looks are always my favorite!

• Reply Cat February 9, 2016 at 12:11 pm

I love Naked tutorials! I still use my original Naked palette from a few years ago, but I love seeing the new shades!

• Reply Jenn February 9, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Love this look and tutorial! Posting videos are tough, I find that review videos are the easiest but tutorials are incredibly challenging! For filming on an iPhone I think it looks great!

• Reply Alexandra Hollander February 9, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Love the shades in this look!

• Reply Seersucker Sass February 9, 2016 at 5:46 pm

I loved this tutorial! I have been hearing so many things about Nivea’s Men Shave Balm as a primer. I’m going to have to pick some up next time I’m at Target!

XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

• Reply hashtagfablife February 9, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Beautiful look! The naked 3 palette screams Valentine’s day to me!

HashtagFabLife

• Reply Shane February 10, 2016 at 2:28 am

You are so gorgeous, so little makeup is even needed 🙂 xo

• Reply Tiffani February 11, 2016 at 8:57 am

Your makeup looks so effortless, I would have never thought you used ALL of those products!